What a Mess...

Bored? Why not turn into the nations new and exciting soap opera: the 2008 democratic primary. Oh yeah, it's got all the ingredients for a juicy daytime drama. The gossip, the he said/she said, the nasty for nasty attitude (mostly on Clintons part, she tends to be more nasty, less eloquent).

But the BEST part is the scrambled mess that's taking place with MI and FL. I've been lodged on the MSNBC/CNN page for weeks, with a bowl of popcorn, entertained. Those happen to be the only two states I've ever lived in during my time in the US. But why all this trouble? Like Howard Dean insists, they broke the rules, now they gotta pay the price, however undemocratic it may be.

Seriously, they didn't think about this BEFORE HAND? Really? Hilary didn't seem to care about democracy when Mr. Obama's name wasn't even ON the Michgan ballot. So now her aides are saying that If Barack's campaign tries to stop a re-do then he's interfering with the democratic process and will hurt him in the general election. REALLY?

It's no secret that I'm a big Obama fan, and that I am almost dead broke. So WHY did I just donate to the Obama campaign? I really don't have a great, mind blowing answer for you. It's just that when I see him speak, when I read his writing, and when I hear his sharp responses to tough questions, I feel like this is the person I want to call my president.

Another element is just Ever since my siblings and I have been alive, I mean, during the entire span of gen-Y's emergence to adulthood, there's been either a Bush or a Clinton in the office. How democratic is that? If a Clinton was president again it would be just like having a dual family monarchy or dictatorship of sorts. It's time for change. Not the cheezy kind of "change" that pretty much every politician speak of with such vehemence. It's seriously re-thinking the ways we approach age old problems such as health care, unemployment, medicare... You know, the usual suspects.



You can tell a lot about a candidate just on how they run their campaign. Ask questions, get answers for yourself: For instance: What kind of adds do they run? How much time do they spend talking smack, rather than the issues? How do they treat those working hard on their campaign? What kind of strategies do they use to rack up votes? Etc.


Either way, we all have to face it: NO ONE person is perfect. And when whoever wins gets sworn into the office, my life, your life, heck most peoples life is not going to change. You're still going to be rich or poor or whatever your situation was before. What I think Sen. Obama offers to this whole affair more than anything is the little thing that flew out of Pandora's box a long time ago: hope.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just played for Obama in NY last week and spent time talking to him in person. I must say that, really, honestly, in person he comes across as the real deal. I wish more so called democrats were outragged by the Hil(tler)lery tacticts that have once again made the democratic party look like stooges. How did they let this shit happen? Awww, maybe the powers that be wanted it to. Im worried that after all this the evil plots of evil men will prevail by electing Obama only to make him the sacrificial lamb that will bare the cross of the USA's true demise. I only say this because im saddened by all the truly dumb asses in this country. Of course, you are not one of them, and I value you and cheerish your presence in this place... and of course adore your writing, and of course miss you.