Showing Love






Before I write all these words down
There are two things that I must claim:
First, through all the joy and pain
I follow love that knows no bounds.

Second, I have reclusive moods
Where I seek solace in my world:
The placid portrait of a girl
Engulfed in passing solitude.

Among the many things I wish
Is one thing I have yet to learn
Though all my love, respect you've earned
I fail to show beyond a smile

Through little jolts and ins and outs
I do admit my silence shows:
The tension on the phone line grows
Collecting clouds and dust of doubt.

Yet that will never signify
That I lost sight of what is dear
In fact, I hold you all too near
But lack the voice to show this by.


If only I could shout and sing
To all those which our love is one:
“You are the sunshine in my sun
And nights, in fact, eternal shades,
That block me from these blinding days,
Until this strange, long, race is run!”

And all the space that spans between
The point of sun and point of shade
A complex gradient is made:
Where vision hears what sound has seen.


I know now that my heart beats clear
To those whose love I know so well
Sometimes I doubt if words could tell;
And if not words then, somehow, tears.

And that is why I wrote this poem:
To write the words I do not speak
And while I know my love you keep
Just know you make my earth a home.


So, these thoughts passed from mind to pen,
And pen to paper, sheet by sheet
The mind and the conjunctions meet
Then rupture pods of thought within.

I feel I could go on and on,
A long, prolific thinking spree
This pen ignites a flame in me
Enforcing these existent bonds.

For now, it seems it's time for bed
The lights out on the street are dimmed
Even all the lights within
Are sleepy, like the light they shed.

And me, I am not one to speak
The lights are vibrant next to I,
With fuzzy hair and hollow eyes
Writing these words my pen-tip seeks
And sealing them onto the page
Not an angry rant, or rage
But something rather powerful
I use words, tiny power-tools
To craft the feelings of a fool
And fool the feelings I engage.

0 comments: